Applying PuraPly® Antimicrobial
To apply PuraPly Antimicrobial, follow these simple steps1:
- Prepare wound to ensure it is free of debris and necrotic tissue
- Cut the dry sheet to the appropriate size and place in contact with wound bed
- Hydrate with sterile saline
- Apply appropriate fixation and secondary dressings
- Assess weekly for reapplication
- PuraPly Antimicrobial should not be applied until excessive exudate, bleeding, acute infection and significant swelling are controlled.
- Do not resterilize. Discard all open and unused portions of PuraPly Antimicrobial.
- The device must be used prior to the expiration date.
- Device is sterile if the package is dry, unopened and undamaged. Do not use if the package seal is broken.
- Discard if mishandling has caused possible damage or contamination.
The following complications are possible. If any of these conditions occur, the device should be removed: infection, chronic inflammation (initial application of wound dressings may be associated with transient, mild, localized inflammation), allergic reaction, excessive redness, pain, swelling, or blistering.
Reference: 1. PuraPly Antimicrobial [package insert]. Canton, MA: Organogenesis, Inc; 2015.